:

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.jeremycwilson.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Jun 24, 2009

Kellogg names new interim dean

What's up everyone! I noticed that yesterday Kellogg named a new Interim Dean. Dean Jain will definitely be missed by the students, they really love him at Kellogg.

I don't know if this change is reflective of anything happening at Kellogg. What I do know is that Deans often decide to change things up after the 10 year mark, and Dean Jain was getting ready for his 9th year. I had the fortune of meeting Interim Dean Chopra at DAK this spring. He was brilliant and really cool. From the limited amount I know about him, he's definitely deserving of the role.

What I find particularly interesting is that Kellogg hired another Indian executive for the role. Personally, I am very interested in how Indians fit into the whole B-school process. They definitely apply in some of the biggest numbers, bring a lot of the highest grades and scores, and are definitely some of the brightest people I met in the application process. They also seem to represent a lot of professor positions at many of the good schools.

I am interested to see who Kellogg decides to go with for the full-time role and if he or she will also be Indian. If so, that may say something about Kellogg's leadership strategy. Perhaps it's also just a coincidence. Unfortunately, Dean Chopra is only up for a one year term, so he won't be around in 2010 when I start at Kellogg.

http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Home/News_Articles/2009/Sunil_Chopra_named_interim_dean.aspx

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home