:

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.jeremycwilson.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Aug 24, 2009

First Day of Orientation








I just finished my first day of orientation at the law school today. Today's schedule was broken up into two parts. In the morning from 9am to 1pm, we went to the school to take care of a few administrative things, such as getting our bus passes, books, lockers, ID cards, Facebook photos, and free T-shirts. Pretty simple morning, especially considering I did a lot of this stuff last week at the Summer Pre-Law Program.

At 1pm all of us went to the auditorium for the official orientation events. We began with the Official Ceremony led by the Dean Van Zandt, the Dean of the Law School. He is a really good public speaker and a pretty funny guy. I enjoyed his session. After that, we had a few more speaker sessions, some of which people thought were a bit long. The best session of the day was named "The First Day of Your Professional Lie in the Law" by professor Lupo. It was a lot more interactive than the others and he's a really engaging speaker. The jury is still out as to how useful all of these sessions really were in terms of learning about the school, but for me I really enjoyed being able to meet lots of people. I'll definitely be doing a lot more of that over the next few days and evenings.

Of the people I've met so far, everyone seems to be really accomplished and interesting. For one, we have a 19 year old beginning the program, who graduated undergrad at 16. We also have quite a few older, more experienced students beginning the program. Many of these folks have worked in various industries, overseas, and in entrepreneurial roles. And we have a ton of interesting and highly successful JD-MBAs. Even though I am probably a bit biased, they definitely have some of the most impressive resumes, including a few business owners, private equity guys, hedge fund folks, consultants, non-profit managers, and government and legal services professionals. Stay tuned to my blog, as I plan to begin profiling my JD-MBA classmates shortly.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home